Thursday, September 8, 2011

September Already?

It just dawned on me how late in the season it's getting. Many years have seen snow by this time. So far we have been lucky, with hot temperatures making up for a cold, wet, late spring. 

It's the time of year that some staff head back to university and I miss working with them, even if I don't act like it all summer. It's also the time of year when, as far as trout fishing goes, the cool stuff is closer to the finish than the start. Alas, like all other years I learned stuff.......


 I learned that whining about cold, wet, late springs, snow in May, etc. doesn't help much!

I learned that when the dozens upon dozens of people are complaining about high, colored water I should be out yanking on Brown Trout faces........


I learned, once again, that my wife and daughter both catch way more than their share of large Brown Trout.

I learned, once again, that I see lots, but never seem to catch large Brown trout...... 

 I learned that I'm not the only guy around that thinks it's pretty cool to fish with their kid, and get their ass kicked!


I learned that most people who look at our website and photo gallery don't think there's Rainbows in the Bow River. (I'll work on that)

I learned that I love fishing more today than I did yesterday, last year, or the year before that.




No comments:

Post a Comment