Monday, February 1, 2010

Staff Product Picks

Here's Marks favourite 2009 product pick and his upcoming 2010 product pick!
Also check out Brent and Caitlin's favourites

"Last spring Maui Jim introduced a new line of “Readers” sunglasses. These glasses have all the best features of MJ sunglasses along with the convenience of a bifocal area. In the last few years I have been having problems tying on small flies and even losing a few trout because of sloppy knots. Now that I have a pair of Readers all it takes is a simple glance at the bottom of the lens to tie on the smallest of flies or to make sure that the barb is pinch down properly. Currently I have 4 pairs of polarized sunglasses in my kit bag but the only pair getting used are the MJ Readers.


New from Orvis for 2010 is the Hydros fly rod. The Hydros uses the same blank technology as the Helios rod but with less expensive fittings and rod tube in order to produce a light weight rod thats also light on the pocket. I might just have to replace my old worn out 7wt streamer rod with an Orvis Hydros. "

No comments:

Post a Comment